Monday 12 October 2009

Cruel World

I have to go to French tuition between 4.30 and 6.30 to help me retake the paper I failed. Now, don't get me wrong, the French lady is nice and everything, and it's useful, but I never, ever want to go and sit there for two hours realising just how much French I've forgotten since June.
As if that wasn't enough, my generally kindly but often scatterbrained form tutor has roped me into helping out with open evening, which is very pointless as I will be arriving late anyway. So French for two hours, followed by open evening from 6.45 til about nine. For all she knows I could still be ill, and suffering from glandular fever exhaustion. And I will have to eat dinner at about 9.15. Oh extreme laziness.
On the plus side, I am off to watch Gilmore Girls, which is such a ridiculously gentle and cheerful programme that it can't help but make me feel a bit more positive about my afternoon.

LATER:
Because I do not feel like doing two actual blog posts in one day, instead I am just tacking another little one on the end of this one. Shocking, I know. Anyway, forgot to mention my aforementioned form tutor's delightful game she played with me this morning. So I walk into Drama, and she says:
"I read your personal statement. It was terrible; you're never going to go to university."
Naturally I stood there a little stunned and concerned.
Then she goes: "Only joking!" Cheers for that, Miss. Open day was actually pretty fun, but French was arduous. I don't feel like sleeping, so instead I am attempting to write my history essay, so I don't have to write it tomorrow and can waste time instead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment