Wednesday 17 March 2010

All Hope Is Not Lost?

A couple of weekends ago I was in an airport branch of W. H. Smiths, feeling downhearted due to the lack of good books that I wanted to read. I have not read any teenage fiction in a long while, but I was looking through that section feeling the familiar 'oh, it's all vampire romance now, how crap' feeling.

I do not really want to read about boring girls falling in love with generically dull sparkly vampires, as if people are going to rip something off at least make it something worth copying. Like we learnt about in Drama with Shakespeare stealing everything off the Italian guy, that was fair enough because everyone's heard of Twelfth Night but as far as I know no-one's that familiar with the other play that I can't remember the name of.

Anyway, Blaise recommended a book in History (nothing to do with History though) that was apparently good and not about glittery meadow sparkly undead love. On a whim and some book tokens festering in my purse I bought it, and I haven't actually started reading more than the blurb and the first page yet due to this Marxism essay, but it looks highly promising.

Perhaps this is not the end after all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment