Saturday 5 December 2009

Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly

Very few things in life make me happier than walking through the park on a cold, damp and miserable day, wearing my new boots and new-ish coat and listening to cheerful Christmas music.

On this kind of drizzly day there are not many people in the park, so if I walk around smiling like an idiot and mouthing the words to 'I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday' no-one really cares or notices. That's probably my favourite Christmas song by the way, along with the Band Aid one and the Slade one and Fairytale of New York. Some of the Christmas songs I have on my iPod, I've realised, are oddly repulsive, such as the Spice Girls cover of 'Sleigh Ride,' (Annoyingly, I like the actual song, just hate the bits at the beginning and end of just them talking) and the Billie Piper version of 'Last Christmas' rather than the actual Wham version. Silly Billie.

Oh no, the stupid talking at the beginning of 'Sleigh Ride' has started. I wonder if it's still too early to be listening to Christmas music in the first place. But then, my brother has been listening to it since November, and occasionally in July when we can't find anything else he wants to listen to, so I couldn't help it.

I'm going to watch Love Actually tomorrow, I just can't hold it in any longer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment