Saturday 19 June 2010

Rhubarb

My exams are all done, which means that my life is far less stressful now, as whenever I am doing anything which could normally be seen as procrastinating or wasting time, there is genuinally nothing more productive I could be doing.

However, my family are involved in a conspiracy to make home as stressful as possible now exams are over. Today at lunch I poured half a pint of double cream all over the floor by mistake, which I thought would be the most dramatic part of the day, but I was wrong.

At dinner, my Granny and my Mum got into an argument about whether or not my Mum liked rhubarb (she doesn't, but my Granny said that she did, and it escalated.) It culminated with my Mum storming out into the garden and slamming the door, and my Grandad getting mildly angry with my Granny for the first time in at least 25 years.

Importantly, it was not about the rhubarb really but about Emily/Lorelai Gilmore-type tensions, many of which tend to involve food. There were so many vast helpings of tension cake that I jokingly asked if maybe I could go upstairs to start revising for first-year Uni exams, because it's never too early to start.

I have actually come upstairs to watch Doctor Who, which I missed due to the awkward mealtime. Not particularly looking forward to Sunday Lunch, unless I find some way of not being there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment