Thursday 1 July 2010

The Prom Post

I once, when I was about thirteen, bought a book of short stories at an airport called Prom Nights From Hell, for god knows what reason.

I never really read the book after the first story, in which a girl realised her friend's prom date was the reincarnation of Dracula, and skimming through, it just gets worse. In the next story, a girl wished to a fortune-teller that the boy she liked would ask her to prom, and then the boy spray painted 'Will you go to the prom with me?' on top of a watertower and fell and died.

In the next one, a girl is killed by the guy she goes out with to make her ex jealous. And then he turns out to have been the Grim Reaper himself. I genuinely could not work out what the next one was about, except it seems to include talking dolls and the immortal line "Drink a can of man!" The last one is by Stephenie Meyer in all her sparkly-vampire glory, and appears to be about some angels and demons who happen to be at the same random hell prom.

Needless to say, I am happy to report that NONE OF THESE THINGS HAPPENED last night. That I am aware of anyway. I had a very good time, despite the foot pain and ear ringing and lack of alcohol.

Also, sorry for spoiling a book that I'm sure everyone was desperate to read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment